Guess who’s back, phriends?!?
Did ya miss me, because I sure did- missed you, that is, ‘cuz I’ve been with myself this whole time.
I have a litany of arguably legitimate excuses. Pick your phavorite…
- I got a new job. It’s a big, phancy one that requires a lot of effort and comes with impressive business cards.
- I moved. Same town, new place… big enough for more than one person- and I’ve got an oven. 🙂
- I’ve been dieting and eating such boring phood nobody would probably want to see it anyway. But I bake like a madwoman and just pawn it all off on my coworkers.
- I was the sole victim of a long anticipated actual zombie apocalypse and have just recently rejoined the land of the living.
- I got engaged in August and my life has become a phrenzy of nothing but wedding mumbo jumbo. Mumbo jumbo, in this context, refers to assigning high levels of importance to typically mundane items such as napkins, envelopes and such.
So here I am. Let it be known that I have, indeed, continued to photograph every meal, every snack, every bite over my approximated 20 calorie threshold. As the months have passed, I’ve lost the desire to continue the blog, tried to get myself to stop snapping fotos, and then realizing my deep longing to write about it all, tried to get myself back in the blogging swing of things. Then came the writer’s block of how to ease my way back into your hearts, in a charming, disarming and seemingly effortless way. Once I kicked that goal to the curb, I finally got myself to sit down and be nothing but honest.
Hence, I’m back. And it pheels oh so good!
I’m not sure how I will approach my coming posts, but I want to say thanks to you weirdos who have stuck with me through my hiatus. Y’all are phabulous.
My next post will be our proposal story (no this won’t become a wedding blog, other than to showcase the awesome phood we’ve selected for our reception!) but, shockingly, The Phella proposed at a restaurant (weird, right? it’s not like I like phood or anything…) and the phood fotos that evening are equal parts beautiful, comical and bling-ified (if that’s a word… if not then translate to obnoxious pictures of my rock…)
So until next time, which I swear won’t be long, I will bid you adieu!